Wednesday 16 January 2013

Something fluffy & cheerful to brighten up January

I love knitting, never just sit and watch TV, I have to be knitting too and can never pass up a bargain wool! A couple of years ago I ordered some wool, I can't actually remember what I ordered but it was out of stock so they sent something else and it sat there for 2 years while I tried to decide what to do with it. Then I discovered Ravelry, where I can type in any search criteria and find a pattern for pretty much anything!
This Sirdar Tuscany is stunning to look at but so complex that when you knit it up any fancy stitches and cables are lost. Its also got fine metal strands in so not really one to wear against your skin. I decided a simple jumper that I could wear over shirts and polonecks would be lovely in these colours so off I went to Ravelry search and found this pattern by Drops Design.
I enjoyed knitting this, it grew quite quickly but the metal strands were a bit rough on the fingers so I am glad I chose a pattern that I'd wear over something otherwise I don't think I'd ever wear it.
It goes in at the waist so its really flattering, I need to get a pic of me wearing it. Never realised photographing a jumper could be so challenging.
This is a close up of the finished knitting, as you can see its just a mass of pretty pinks, reds, green and orange and a bit of sparkle - you can't see the stitches at all.
It  looks really fluffy and apart from the metal strands it is really soft. If Felix was still around, he'd have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment