Monday 1 April 2013

Nubar Black Polka Dots over pastels

I decided to have a little play with the Nubar Black Polka Dots following on from my Black and White mani reviewed here (also practicing with links in my blog so apologies if they don't work quite right!)

I have to confess that it was Lucy's Stash  that made me realise I had to have Nubar Black Polka Dots. Recently Lucy blogged the Nubar polka dots over some pastels and I just had to have a try!!
I chose Nails Inc Instyle Peach Sorbet, Power Pink,  Bluebell, and Nails Inc Haymarket. Typically with Nails Inc, I got excellent coverage with 2 coats from each of these 4 polishes. These are lovely colours although not really the sort of shades I would normally wear, but looking back over what I have blogged recently, my "normal" shades have not featured much!
As I experienced earlier with my black & white mani, the polka dots took a bit of an effort to get out but I got there in the end.
 
I did try an extra coat of each of the Nails Incs over these, as Lucy did, here but they were too opaque! The black almost completely disappeared, so perhaps I'll try this again with maybe a wash of Leighton Denny Starkers to soften the black as I loved the effect that Lucy got. 
Anyone else tried this?


No comments:

Post a Comment