Sunday 21 September 2014

Shimmer Wendy

Well there I was having a quick break from work, with a cup of tea, surfing the sales pages when I spotted this for sale, along with a couple of other Shimmers. I have seen so many swatches of Shimmer polishes, but didn't actually own any, so when I saw 3 for sale at a great price, I had to have them, didn't I :)
When they arrived they were just so pretty! but this one particularly attracted me - in the bottle the initial impression is of purple but a closer look reveals teal, copper, and silver as well. I was desperate to try it immediately! I wouldn't normally try a glitter over a shimmery holo polish, preferring a nice creme background but in this case the base is Above The Curve Truly Madly Deeply, because the shimmer is quite subtle, the colour is gorgeous and I didn't want to take it off, and I was too impatient anyway!!
Wendy has a clear base, and then a whole host of glitters in different sizes, squares and hexes, in pink, purple, copper, gold, silver and teal. The polish applied well, with good glitter distribution and I wore one coat with top coat for a couple of days. Then I added a 2nd coat, and a matte top coat and it is just stunning. It does not quite give full coverage with 2 coats, I think it probably would with a 3rd coat. I really love this with the matte finish, as you can really see the glitters so clearly.
I think the colours worked well over the mauve base, the teal and copper are particularly striking. I have seen swatches over a darker purple and I think I'll try that next as I think this polish would do a great glitter gradient with a good dark base to contrast the beautiful glitters.
So, I have a mix of photos, some are one coat with glossy top coat and some are 2 coats with matte top coat. I am so pleased with this polish, I love the combination of colours and I can't wait to try it with other bases, as well as trying the other 2 polishes I bought. Shimmer is another brand to add to my list of those to look out for.
Shimmer Wendy
Shimmer Wendy - matte finish
Shimmer Wendy
Shimmer Wendy - with topcoat
Shimmer Wendy
Shimmer Wendy
Shimmer Wendy
Shimmer Wendy
 Shimmer Wendy
 Shimmer Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Love the matte finish. Such an unusual polish but looks beautiful on x

    ReplyDelete