I did also think, I wonder if I can do this with stamping since vinyls and I don't get on well!
Anyway, I decided to do it the proper way - here goes.
I started with a base of Barry M Cotton and then did my gradient with Barry M Cotton and A England Camelot. I usually get away with quite a rough gradient but with hindsight I should have made more effort so make this one a bit smoother. You'll see on the finished mani I should have extended the blended bit further in each direction too - of course if I had unlimited time I would have done it again but it's blogged as it is, and serves as a learning experience :)
I think the base gradient looks a bit like snow topped mountains!
Then once I had waited a good long time for the base to be properly dry, I got on to the vinyls part. These went quite well, and I tried not to get too obsessive about getting them parallel.
I did the sponging, removed the vinyls and hey presto - reciprocal gradient that was not a complete disaster. Definitely room for improvement as I mentioned above but it could have been a lot worse.
|black and white gradient|
|black and white reciprocal gradient|