Saturday 25 October 2014

Above the Curve Akiko

Today's polish is from Above the Curve's Falling for Autumn Collection from 2013. Akiko is a fabulous orange holo, perfect for Autumn, and the name is Japanese for Bright Autumn Child, which I think is lovely.
I got this along with 3 others from a wonderful lady who was destashing. I have to admit to not being 100% certain about this one as orange is not really a colour I wear. I now have 5 oranges - 3 of which I have bought in the last couple of months!
Of the 4 that I bought from this particular destash, the other 3 are definitely "me" polishes so I did the right thing and decided to try this one first. I am so glad I tried it, and that I bought it as I love it! Obviously it looks pretty in the bottle but then pretty much anything holo is going to look pretty in the bottle, and then it is Above the Curve and they only make fantastic polishes, but at the end of the day there is no guarantee that everything will look good with every skin tone. However, this one is lovely. Although bright orange in some lights, it also seems to shift through from a soft gold to a delicate copper shade and I think it is that slight pinkyness of the copper that makes this wearable for me. That and the fact that the holo is really strong and extremely pretty!
This painted on really nicely. The nail line is barely visible after the second coat, and more apparent on the photos than in real life. If I was going to wear this on its own for a few days I might well have added a 3rd coat, but as I have a plan to stamp over it tomorrow, I decided it was fine with 2.
This is such a lovely polish, especially for this time of the year and as always with Above the Curve, wonderful quality.
Above the Curve Akiko
Above the Curve Akiko
Above the Curve Akiko
 Above the Curve Akiko
 Above the Curve Akiko
Above the Curve Akiko
 Above the Curve Akiko
 Above the Curve Akiko
My orange collection

No comments:

Post a Comment