Thursday 23 October 2014

Cabled Fingerless Gloves...in orange!

With the return of the colder weather, I have recently made a few pairs of gloves - not all for me. The pair I am showing you today were for a friend, who requested them to be in a bright colour, like ... ORANGE!! Not a colour I would normally choose to knit with, and I had nothing suitable in my stash. Luckily I managed to do a deal with another friend to acquire some orange wool and these are what I made.
As usual, I went to Ravelry with a rough idea of what sort of pattern I was after, cables certainly as I love knitting cables and I found Cabled Fingerless Gloves by Kira Gerrits. They have a 2 stitch cable either side of a 6 stitch cable.
The wool I used was Stylecraft double knit Special, in Jaffa and it is almost neon! These gloves were quick and easy to make, and despite the colour I was quite fond of them by the time I posted them off. They barely used any wool, just over 30g so excellent if you have any oddments lying around and perfect for this time of year.
Cabled Fingerless Gloves
Cabled Fingerless Gloves
 Cabled Fingerless Gloves

No comments:

Post a Comment