Sunday 18 January 2015

Stamping! Lacy nails with french tips

Today's mani was inspired by Tracey at Simply Into My Nails. When I saw her negative space mani I just had to try it. What I liked most about it was that she had done french tips in the same polish as the stamping which is a lovely way of hiding that visible nail line.
Tracey used a Born Pretty plate, but as Messy Mansion 44 arrived in the week I thought I'd give that a try.
My nails are horribly stained. They always have been even before I started painting them and it is actually the main reason I do paint them so I was a bit nervous of doing a negative space mani. I am not sure I will do a bare nail again as I can still see the yellowyness - I have a huge selection of lovely nude polishes so I will use a base colour next time.
Anyway, although Tracey did her tips last, I did mine first as I felt I was more likely to make a mess of that. I wanted to go for a fairly subtle look for my first attempt so I chose A England Sleeping Palace which is a lovely soft dusky holographic purple. I am still getting the hang of the new stamper and I haven't picked the image up perfectly but I am reasonably pleased with the way these turned out.
I have never had a french mani so these do feel a bit unusual to me but I certainly want to try this again.
A England Sleeping Palace
and Messy Mansion 44
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment