Tuesday 10 March 2015

March Challenge #clairestelle8march - Dotticure

Today on Claire's challenge the prompt was Dotticure. I have done a dotticure once with a dotting tool, it killed my hands!! I have also done one once before using a stamped image - no contest as to which way I chose this time!
I did have a mani planned but my UberChic Beauty plates arrived and as they have some dotty images on, I thought I'd better give them a try.
I chose this image because it gave me exactly what I'd been planning to do and I had been sat there thinking how likely would it be that I could paint my nails 2 colours and manage to stamp the colours in reverse, and not end up with black on black! There it was on this plate, UC 1-03, and a nice twist on a french mani too!!
I started with a base of A England Ascalon, a lovely silvery grey holo with a hint of lilac, which is apparent in lower levels of light when you can't see the holo.
I then stamped with A England Camelot. The plate stamped beautifully. On close inspection, the dot images are not completely perfect but I think that is because my Camelot is nearly empty and I don't think I had enough polish on the plate. On the ones where I scraped forward and then back again the image is better and to the naked eye they look fine anyway.
I really like the finished look and that at a glance it looks like a gradient, darker at the tips. I also like that thing where you looks and think - is that black on silver or silver on black?
Dotticure with UberChic 1-03  A England Ascalon and Camelot
Dotticure with UberChic 1-03
A England Ascalon and Camelot
 Dotticure with UberChic 1-03  A England Ascalon and Camelot
 Dotticure with UberChic 1-03  A England Ascalon and Camelot
A England Ascalon
A England Ascalon
 A England Ascalon

No comments:

Post a Comment