Friday 27 March 2015

March Challenge #clairestelle8march - Ilusion

Claire's challenge for us today was Illusion, and I chose the image on UberChic Beauty plate UC 2-01 straight away. I just had to see what those spiraling swirls would look like on my nails. It took me a while longer to decide what polishes to use. I was pretty certain I wanted to stamp a dark polish - but over white, a pale colour or a glitter? ... then I remembered China Glaze Optical Illusion - I had to use that!!
I did a sneaky base coat of Avon Metallic Effects Jade Reflection as it is a similar tone and would save me building up loads of layers of glitter, that was a good plan and I only ended up using one coat of Optical Illusion - it was plenty sparkly enough! This has a clear base and is made up of fine silvery green glitter with added hexes of pink, orange, blue, silver - all sorts of colours and the overall greenish tone seems to change through blue and purple depending on the angle of light - just stunning!
Then I stamped using UC 2-01 and A England Lancelot. What a wonderful contrast and combination - I absolutely love the finished mani. It is still very sparkly and I have to say the photos really don't do it justice. It is utterly mesmerising!!
UberChic Beauty UC 2-01
Illusion - UberChic Beauty UC 2-01,
A England Lancelot and China Glaze Optical Illusion
 UberChic Beauty UC 2-01
 UberChic Beauty UC 2-01
China Glaze Optical Illusion
China Glaze Optical Illusion
 China Glaze Optical Illusion

No comments:

Post a Comment