Friday 15 January 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Things that fly

This week it is Things That Fly for #40greatnailartideas - After much thought, I went with my first instinct which was butterflies.
I did think about lead-lighting or reverse stamping, but in the end I went with something a whole lot quicker and easier, and I really liked the way it turned out.
I did some colourful stamping with Kleancolor Metallic Purple, Pink and Jungle. I started with a coat of Nails Inc Soho Silver which last time seemed to prevent the Kleancolors from staining, I hope it has worked this time too! Then I stamped the small butterflies from Loja BBF 19, once with each colour, although really I just used the plate to get the colours on my nail (and yes, I could have just painted it on but I like stamping!)
Then I used Loja BBF 46 and Colour Alike Kind of Black over the colourful base.
Colourful butterfly base
Loja BBF 46 and Colour Alike Kind of Black
Loja BBF 46 and Colour Alike Kind of Black
 Loja BBF 46 and Colour Alike Kind of Black
 Loja BBF 46 and Colour Alike Kind of Black



1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those butterflies <3 This design is pretty. The combination of the blues and purples in the background is nice.

    ReplyDelete