Friday 29 December 2017

Nail Crazies Unite - Blue, Silver and White Winter

Well, this week's prompt was Blue, Silver and White Winter and you can't get more wintery than snowflakes. I love snowflakes and I have plenty of plates with snowflakes on so any excuse to use them and I'm happy!
I started with a silver gel base. Gellifique 6056 is a one step gel of very fine silver glitter in a clear base. I used 2 coats. It was not fully opaque but enough for a base under stamping and as my nails are no longer stained I didn't mind that coverage was not 100%.
I started with a large snowflake image from Pet'la Plate Flake No More with Moonflower Polish Azul (Blue). I like the Moonflower polishes, I have 3 so far and they stamp nicely but I don't find the coverage great on negative images, or large areas of stamping. I think I need to work to find a better technique for spreading the polish but that aside the blue stamped well for this snowflake image.
I then added a much more delicate snowflake from Beauty Big Bang 06 and Moyou London White Knight.
Finally I added some trees with Messy Mansion MM30 and A England Natasha's Dance.
I was pleased with the wintery look of this mani!




No comments:

Post a Comment