Sunday 19 May 2013

A England Holy Grail, Dragon and She Walks in Beauty

It's the last day of Indie week on All Things Nails, and I have 2 untried A Englands so I thought I'd try something I've seen done by Lucy and Anna
I did a base coat using A England Holy Grail ( this is the older Holy Grail, which is more gold, there is now a new version which is more bronze). This painted on beautifully but is absolutely not my colour on its own, so it will be used under glitters and for my occasional forays into nail art!!
A England Holy Grail
A England Holy Grail
 A England Holy Grail
What I wanted to try is called a "ruffian", which is bit like a half moon mani but the base part of the second coat is curved in the same way as the base of the nail itself, you just start painting from higher up. I probably haven't described it very well. I painted the whole nail in Holy Grail, and then I added  a coat of A England Dragon, in exactly the same way as I would normally paint my nails but starting about 2mm further up the nail.
I think this would probably have worked better with 2 more similar shades, maybe Princess Sabra with Dragon but you don't know if you don't try! Dragon is a beautiful olive green with  a lovely subtle holographic shimmer, which of course my camera can't see! I will certainly be using this green again soon, it's just gorgeous!
A England Holy Grail and Dragon
A England Holy Grail and Dragon
 A England Holy Grail and Dragon
A England Holy Grail and Dragon
I then had to have a little play, so sticking with A England I have added a glitter gradient using She Walks in Beauty. This is a combination of pink hexagons of glitter in a gold shimmery base, which I thought would help soften the contrast between Holy Grail and Dragon. I think it was worth trying and it is much prettier in real life, the camera has either ignored the shimmer or made it look too solid: it is much softer to the naked eye. The last couple of shots capture it quite well.
A England She Walks in Beauty gradient
A England She Walks in Beauty gradient
  A England She Walks in Beauty gradient
 A England She Walks in Beauty gradient
  A England She Walks in Beauty gradient

1 comment: