Monday 9 May 2016

April Challenges - Butterflies and Born Pretty BP-74

Last week's smoosh was light grey, berry pink/red and bright blue. I used Nails Inc When Doves Cry, Piccadilly Circus and Baker Street.
The #clairestelle8april prompt was Butterflies, which seemed like the ideal opportunity to use the plate Born Pretty sent me to review. I don't think you can ever have too many butterfly plates and this is a really pretty one, which comes with a nice cardboard sleeve. The plate is BP-74, item number 20791.
There is a nice mix of different butterfly images considering it is a small plate and includes a dragonfly image too. I went for the more solid image for my first layer as I was stamping white over some quite pale areas of my smoosh, and I wanted to create a more consistent pale base for the second layer of black stamping where I went for more of a detailed image.
I did have some difficulty with this plate. It is not very deeply etched and I found my white stamping polishes would not pick up at all - I think they just dried too quickly. In the end I found that I needed only a very light scrape and I managed to use Barry M Cotton reasonably successfully for my first layer of stamping.
I had the same problem with the second layer but eventually had success with Colour Alike Kind of Black.
I was pleased with the final mani but it took a long time and a lot of frustration! I have since tried again with the plate and still suffering the same issues.
I was also sent 2 other plates for review - both are absolutely fine and I think I was just unlucky with one as friends have used this plate with no problems.
Smoosh!
Born Pretty BP-74 and Barry M Cotton 
Born Pretty BP-74 and Barry M Cotton
Born Pretty BP-74 and Colour Alike Kind of Black
Born Pretty BP-74 and Colour Alike Kind of Black
BP-74
BP-74

No comments:

Post a Comment