Friday 29 May 2015

Leadlighting! Kandy Colors neon jellies and Pet'la Plate Calaveras

This wasn't a challenge - well not in the normal blogging sense of the word, but boy was it challenging!!
I ordered some jelly polishes last week from Kandy.Colours and they arrived yesterday so of course I had to try them out. The set I ordered was called Northern Lights, a full set of 6 neon jellies - they are so pretty and just the right level of colour to add a tint to a mani (picture at the end of this post just so you can see how pretty they are).
I didn't think I could change my plans on any of my scheduled manis so I did a little extra one, as suggested by Morven of Pretty Quirky. She very kindly reminded me I hadn't used the sugar skulls Pet'la plate.
I began with a base of Barry M Coconut, and then using A England Camelot I stamped a selection of the skull images onto my nails from Pet'la Plate Calaveras.
I thought they looked quite cool just black on cream so I did take a picture before tackling the colouring.
Nothing like starting with a real challenge - the plate is so detailed that colouring the images took forever. The elements to colour are so tiny, but I decided to use a very small brush rather than a dotting tool, just to save a bit of time and get a slightly smoother finish. I think I did a reasonably neat job but it took a lot of effort, especially to do the right hand! I also decided that I wanted to use all 6 colours in a rainbow effect and I think that added to the challenge but now they are done I do think they look quite cool.
I think I might go for a slightly less complex design next time I do leadlighting and of course now I have jellies I can try the long awaited pond mani!
Pet'la Plate Calaveras over Barry M Coconut
Pet'la Plate Calaveras over Barry M Coconut
Kandy.Colors Northern Lights neon Jellies and Pet'la Plate Calaveras
Kandy.Colors Northern Lights neon Jellies
 and Pet'la Plate Calaveras
 Kandy.Colors Northern Lights neon Jellies and Pet'la Plate Calaveras
Kandy.Colors Northern Lights neon Jellies and Pet'la Plate Calaveras
Kandy Colors Northern Lights

2 comments:

  1. They look incredible. And the consistency looks perfect for lead lighting! Beautiful mani x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, they are great, and I am way too lazy to make my own so I am really pleased with them :)

      Delete