I ordered some jelly polishes last week from Kandy.Colours and they arrived yesterday so of course I had to try them out. The set I ordered was called Northern Lights, a full set of 6 neon jellies - they are so pretty and just the right level of colour to add a tint to a mani (picture at the end of this post just so you can see how pretty they are).
I didn't think I could change my plans on any of my scheduled manis so I did a little extra one, as suggested by Morven of Pretty Quirky. She very kindly reminded me I hadn't used the sugar skulls Pet'la plate.
I began with a base of Barry M Coconut, and then using A England Camelot I stamped a selection of the skull images onto my nails from Pet'la Plate Calaveras.
I thought they looked quite cool just black on cream so I did take a picture before tackling the colouring.
Nothing like starting with a real challenge - the plate is so detailed that colouring the images took forever. The elements to colour are so tiny, but I decided to use a very small brush rather than a dotting tool, just to save a bit of time and get a slightly smoother finish. I think I did a reasonably neat job but it took a lot of effort, especially to do the right hand! I also decided that I wanted to use all 6 colours in a rainbow effect and I think that added to the challenge but now they are done I do think they look quite cool.
I think I might go for a slightly less complex design next time I do leadlighting and of course now I have jellies I can try the long awaited pond mani!
|Pet'la Plate Calaveras over Barry M Coconut|
|Kandy.Colors Northern Lights neon Jellies|
and Pet'la Plate Calaveras
|Kandy Colors Northern Lights|