I started with a base of Barry M Coconut and then I stamped stripes from DRK-A with Saffron London Black. I really like this image, it looks like a bar code and I thought it would make a nice background for the roses.
Then I added the leaves using Moyou London Mother Nature 05 and Virtuous Polish Kindness, a deep tealy green. Finally I added the roses using Moyou London Mother Nature 11 and Virtuous Polish Temperance, a deep blue. Both these polishes are matte but I have top coated them as they dry so quickly when stamping and curl up!
Finally I added a coat of OPI Matte top coat. This was very disappointing - the OPI matte top coat does not really make things matte, just gives a soft sheen, so I added some Dance Legend Top Sahara but then they were too sparkly. In desperation I added another layer of OPI matte - the end result is OK but not really matte so I may have failed the matte part of the challenge :(
|DRK-A with Saffron London Black over Barry M Coconut|
|Moyou London Mother Nature 05 |
and Virtuous Polish Kindness
|Moyou London Mother Nature 11 |
and Virtuous Polish Temperance
|The matte version|