Wednesday 13 May 2015

May Collaboration - Florals and foliage

I took part in a collaboration with some fellow nail addicts given the prompt "florals and foliage"
I decided to do mine over the pink and lace mani I did last week. In theory the pink and lace would make a lovely base for the floral and foliage stamping. However, as I had left that matte, and still wanted to keep the whole mani matte, it make things a whole lot harder. Normally I top coat between every layer of stamping which gives me the option of taking off unsuccessful attempts - this time I ended up having to fully redo a couple of nails but I got there in the end.
I started with the foliage, stamping A England Saint George with an ivy leaf pattern from Fab Ur Nails FUN15.
Then I added the flowers using Virtuous Polish Humility, a stunning deep violet shade and a lovely flower image from FUN14.
And yes I do seem to have combined green and purple again, but I tried red and it looked too Christmassy!
You can see the other manis on instagram #whencolourscollide.
A England Saint George and FUN15
A England Saint George and FUN15
Virtuous Polish Humility and FUN14
Virtuous Polish Humility and FUN14 
 Virtuous Polish Humility and FUN14

#whencolourscollide
the Florals and Foliage collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment