Well, this was a challenge and a half! Having established I had no suitable stamping plates, I decided to make decals on the Uber mat, cut them up and use them over the damask mani that I had done earlier using Nails Inc Gosfield Street and Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 & Thing 2.
To make the patchwork pieces, I started with bases of Barry M Coconut and Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens on the Uber mat and then I stamped stripes and spots using Nails Inc Gosfield Street and Apipila Super Plate A. I added the stitching with a Sharpie once I had applied the decals to my nails.
On my right hand I rather ran out of time so I painted directly over the damask, used a dotting tool for the spots and a blue Sharpie for the rather wobbly stripes!
Finally I added a coat of Barry M Matte top coat.
On reflection, I think the right hand probably looks better but I thought I'd show them both. This was certainly one of those manis that looked perfect in my mind and didn't quite come off like that. all good practice though!
|Teal and Patchwork|