Saturday 17 October 2015

October Challenges - Harvest and Thanksgiving

I have combined two prompts as there seemed to be such an overlap - when I looked for images of Canadian Thanksgiving I figured that if Thanksgiving was for a successful harvest then I could combine the two.
I started with a nice harvesty colour, Nails Inc Hamstead Gardens, which I think I love as long as I am wearing the right colours and my hands are warm!
Then I added some wheaty stamping with SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops & Born Pretty BP-L 003.
Then more wheat, or barley or some such harvestable crop with Born Pretty BP-19 and Esmaltes da Kelly Bee and Frogger, smooshed together on the stamping plate.
I am British so the concept of Thanksgiving is a bit of an unknown and until my husband put me right I didn't realise Canadian Thanksgiving was earlier than the American one! Now I know.
Anyway, it seemed a maple leaf was a must and maybe a pumpkin so I used Colour Alike Red Wine and Born Pretty BP-19 and Colour Alike Scary Pumpkin & Cici&sisi 10 to add some maple leaves and pumpkins to the harvest.
Nails Inc Hampstead Gardens
SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops &
Born Pretty BP-L 003

Born Pretty BP-19 and Esmaltes da Kelly Bee and Frogger

Colour Alike Red Wine and BP 19 and
Colour Alike Scary Pumpkin & Cici&sisi 10
 



No comments:

Post a Comment