Tuesday 14 January 2014

Nelly Polish Jonah's Green

I have a beautiful green to show you today. I bought Jonah's Green from Nelly Polish almost 3 months ago, so I am rather ashamed to say it has sat patiently, waiting to be worn all this time.
Nelly Polish is run by Hilary who is obviously rather clever as she is the creator of the world first dried nail polish. In order to get round the restrictions on posting nail varnish, Hilary came up with the idea of selling the dried ingredients which you can then add to your own bottle of clear varnish when it arrives - ingenious eh!
However if you are want just ordinary ready made varnish you can still buy that too, and that's what I did. I have read plenty of blogs by people saying Hilary's dried polish works well, but I happened to be on line when Hilary was having a sale of mini ready made bottles so I snapped a few up.Why don't you take a look at her Etsy shop.
Jonah's Green is from the  Boy's Inventions Collection and was invented and named by Hilary's son Jonah. She describes it as an aqua/turquoise crelly, so a cross between a creme and a jelly. This is a lovely turquoise green with various sizes gold hexes and some tiny super sparkly holographic glitter.
I swatched this with 2 coats and it was almost opaque but as I have very uneven nail lines that I can't bear to see peeping through my polish I did use an undie. My trusted Avon Peppemint was a good match that did not distort the final colour, and then I used 2 coats of Jonah's Green. The finish and glitter distribution was good. I think this is quite a subtle polish, I don't always want super sparkly glittery nails, it's nice to have something that just looks like a lovely green until you look closer and catch the gold glitters and the sparkles, and of course having used 2 coats, some of the glitters are set within the green jelly-like polish, giving the polish a lovely depth.
As you'll see from the pictures, capturing the colour was a bit of a challenge. The shots against the turquoise knitwear are more true  to the actual colour than the ones against the olive green. I like the contrast between those 2 greens but the camera seems to have exaggerated it.
I really like this polish and I'll certainly be looking out for some more of Hilary's lovely jelly creations.
Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
 Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
 Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
 Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
 Nelly Polish Jonah's Green
 Nelly Polish Jonah's Green





2 comments:

  1. This is a stunner, I love the delicate sparkle of the glitter! x

    ReplyDelete