Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets

Today's polish is Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets. This is a very pretty and delicate holo polish, which I would say is pink rather than violet, but with a blue sheen to it. It's a lovely colour but something about it just doesn't quite work for me. I do like pink with a hint of blue but I think its the slightly metallic sheen that I am not sure about. That disappears in the sun, when the holo takes over and then it is gorgeous!!
I feel mean, not loving it, because I can see it is pretty but I guess you can't love them all.
The holo is lovely in this and the polish applied well, but was a bit sheer so I have applied 3 coats. It dried nicely and the vnl that I can see in the pictures is not apparent to the naked eye.
Pictures are taken without a topcoat.
Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets
Lilypad Blooming Violets
 Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets
Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets
 Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets
 Pictures taken under artificial light.
Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets
Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade, I love the subtle holo in the last picture! It looks stunning against the knit :) You are so good at matching polishes to knit-wear! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't have any pinky purple knits so I went with a contrast xx

      Delete