Sunday 1 June 2014

OPI Jade is the New Black

I think this polish, OPI Jade is the New Black, has been around for quite some time, and I've been on the look out for it for a while. Imagine my delight when I met up with some nail polish loving friends earlier in the month and this was one of the polishes one of the girls was looking to re-home. Of course it had to come home with me!
This is such a deliciously sophisticated shade of green, leaning very slightly towards blue and grey.
I've done 3 thin coats here to ensure I got the full intensity of colour, I do find sometimes with OPI I need a 3rd coat and it was still a little patchy in places with 2 coats. It dried well though, and super glossy. Pics are with a top coat.
I think the bottle shot is the truest to the actual colour, the other shots look a bit too blue
OPI Jade is the New Black
OPI Jade is the New Black
OPI Jade is the New Black
 OPI Jade is the New Black
 OPI Jade is the New Black
 OPI Jade is the New Black




2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love this kind of deep green. It reminds me a lot of China Glaze's 'Exotic Encounters' but I think I prefer this one, it looks so glossy! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the CG is more tealy but having said that and comparing my swatches, the OPI pics are too blue apart from the bottle shot. Why are some colours so tricky to capture!! I love Exotic Encounters, even though it stained really badly :)

      Delete