Thursday 26 February 2015

A2Z Series - P is for Pale

It's Thursday, so it's time for the next letter in the A2Z series, this week is P for Pale.
I am not really a pale polish wearer, except for nudes but I recently had the opportunity to buy a polish which is pale and yellow - not at all in my comfort zone but sometimes you just have to try!
Above the Curve Hufflepuff is a pale creamy yellow with tiny black glitters and a few larger black hexes. This is from the Harry Potter collection, Hufflepuff being one of the houses, apparently.
The polish is a crelly so I opted for undies rather than a huge number of coats. I used the amusingly named Attitude Masking Tape as my base - this is a warm cream, a buttermilk sort of shade which I have had in my stash for ages - it really only gets used as base but it's a nice quality and dries well.
I then added 2 coats of Hufflepuff. The larger hexes were a bit shy, but I don't particularly mind - not a huge fan of big glitters, and if they'd all stayed in the bottle I'd have been quite happy. However, despite my hatred of yellow I really like this polish, I think the fine black glitters that pepper the polish make all the difference, and the yellow is a really nice soft creamy colour. I wouldn't rank it as an all time fave in the ATC range but I like it a lot more than I expected to.
I completed the mani by stamping a sort of swirly tessellating triangle pattern from Pueen Buffet Leisure 79 in pale black - yes pale black! It might look grey, but it's just a rather wishy washy black. Perfect for the look I wanted! Saffron London polishes were recommended for stamping but the formula changed so they aren't really opaque enough. However, sometimes you want something a bit more subtle so I still think there is a place for them in my stamping box.
Overall I am really pleased with my Pale mani, not my best A2Z but certainly an improvement on last week's. I like the subtle look of the stamping combined with the glitters obscured by the crelly, and I like the grey and creamy yellow combination.
Above the Curve Hufflepuff, with Pueen Buffet Leisure 79
A2Z Series - P is for Pale
Above the Curve Hufflepuff, with Pueen Buffet Leisure 79
Above the Curve Hufflepuff, with Pueen Buffet Leisure 79
 Above the Curve Hufflepuff, with Pueen Buffet Leisure 79
 Above the Curve Hufflepuff, with Pueen Buffet Leisure 79
Above the Curve Hufflepuff, with Pueen Buffet Leisure 79

Above the Curve Hufflepuff
Above the Curve Hufflepuff
 Above the Curve Hufflepuff



Look HERE to see what everyone else got up to


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty look! This is one of my favorite plates from that Pueen collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought to do this but it is stunning - really does look like expensive designer stone tiles to me!

    ReplyDelete