Wednesday 25 February 2015

Water Spotting with Nails Inc Princes Street

I have firmly avoided water marbling and water spotting in the belief that it is just too messy, but a friend set up a Facebook group for water marbling so I thought maybe I should give it a try. Another friend posted up her latest mani using water spotting so I thought I'd start there as it looked a little bit easier.
I am not going to bore you with the details of what I did, not 100% sure what went wrong but I need to practice. What I will say is that this took me 3 hours, and clean up was hideous!
I started with a base of Nails Inc Fulham Palace Road a nice soft nude, and for the water spotting I used Nails Inc Princes Street, a lovely dark blue /purple - a blurple!
I am posting pics of both hands so you can see how different they are, both look OK, not fab but I would have preferred both hands to look similar!
You'll see that clean up and picture taking are noticeably more ropey for the right hand. My left hand can paint and stamp but it can't wield a clean up brush or hold the camera still!
Anyway, I like the colours together, and either of the finished effects look quite good but not convinced it's worth the grief. I could stamp Princes Street over Fulham Palace Road in a lot less time but at least I gave it a go.
Water Spotting with Nails Inc Princes Street
 
Water Spotting with Nails Inc Princes Street
- the other hand

No comments:

Post a Comment