Saturday 1 November 2014

Above the Curve Donna

Yesterday's polish was the very beautiful Donna, from Above the Curve's Doctor Who collection. I bought this one almost on an impulse from Sally Magpies, when she had a sale a couple of months ago. Orange is not a colour I generally go for but I have seen some lovely swatches of this, and I decided I'd regret it if I didn't get it. I am so glad I did, it is stunning! It is a bright orange holo, which seems to have flashes of gold in some lights, and almost a reddish duochrome quality in others, all inspired by the lovely red haired Donna Noble, played by Catherine Tate.
This polish applied well, dried nicely and gave good coverage with 2 coats. Some pics seem to show a bit of VNL but that is not apparent in real life. The holo is lovely and strong, but even in softer lights this polish is gorgeous. I think poor Donna has been a bit cheated as I wore this as a base for a Halloween mani, and I think I'll have to leave it out and wear it again soon!
Loads of pics as the sun was shining and I wanted to make sure I captured all the beauty of this polish. I love the polish, a great match for my favorite autumnal gloves and I am really pleased with the pictures, which I think reflect the qualities of this polish well.
Above the Curve Donna
Above the Curve Donna
Above the Curve Donna
Above the Curve Donna
 Above the Curve Donna
 Above the Curve Donna
 Above the Curve Donna
Above the Curve Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment