Saturday 8 November 2014

Stamping! Tartan nails with Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection

Today I have 3 nail polishes to show you, because I ordered the set and I couldn't chose which one to wear first. I've had a idea knocking around in my mind for a couple of weeks and when I saw these 3 I decided it would be a good opportunity to try it out.
Tami nail polishes are made in Scotland, by Tami Beauty, available on Etsy and big cartel, and you can see them on facebook. At the moment they only have 3 polishes available, but based on these 3, I certainly hope they broaden their range. Super quick delivery too, I ordered on Monday and they were here on Tuesday!
So, the 3 polishes are Gleneagles Glamour - a pale pink holo packed with holographic micro glitter, Lady of Lomond - a pale teal holo again packed with holographic micro glitter, and Skibo Sunset, a stunning magenta pink holo. They are all utterly beautiful and I will blog each one separately as they all deserve their own post, but for this post I have used all 3 as they are so pretty and they go so well together.
I painted my nails with Gleneagles Glamour, 2 coats to be certain of full coverage but I think for these purpose certainly 1 would have done. I had in my mind to use one of my tartan stamps, but create a multicoloured base for it, so I painted 1 quarter of each nail in Lady of Lomond, and 1 quarter with Skibo Sunset. I did this freehand since I was going to stamp over it and that would mask any wobbly lines.
I used Moyou London Hipster 05 and stamped with A England Lancelot, which is a very dark red. I felt for this particular colour palette, black would be just too harsh.
I am staggered by how successful this was! I love the combination of pinks and green, and I think the stamping works really well, despite being a little shaky in places - well it's a woolly tartan I have here I think :)
The shimmery holo and glitter still sparkle and even in lower levels of light all 3 polishes have that gorgeous depth that good holos do, contrasting beautifully with the dark stamping.
Lots of pics, again and I'm afraid I couldn't resist lots of cosy woolly shots!
Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection
Tartan nails with Tami Nail Polishes
Scottish Showcase Collection
 Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection
Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection
 Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection
 Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection
 Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection
 Tami Nail Polishes Scottish Showcase Collection

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job, Debbie! I love the colours teamed together with the tartan and you are absolutely right, the holo's do have a beautiful contrast against the darker stamping. Stunning! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your tartan nails are amaaaazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. I've not heard of Tami Nails before so gonna have to check them out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are really nice polishes - I'm so pleased with them :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous job, Debbie! I als!o ordered the three polishes available but they're waiting at my inlaws until hubby brings them back so will have to wait to try them out. Love your idea for a mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like them Maria, I think the colours are so pretty, and love all that sparkle!!

      Delete