Saturday 15 November 2014

Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and Smart nail art stencils

Today I would like to show you these really cool nail stencils. I saw them on another blog a week or so ago and thought they looked interesting. They are available here and they have an offer of 25% off this month with code NOV25, so I thought it would be a good time to try them.
They took about a week to arrive from Romania, nicely packaged with clear, straight forward instructions. You get 10 in each pack and although not designed to be reused, if you are careful you should get more than one use from them. I watched a few videos on how to apply them too, and you can get some tips on how to take care of them.
I decided to use Above the Curve Relative Dimensions over a base of Nails Inc New York Noir. I hadn't used Relative Dimensions before but I did a quick swatch on paper to see if it was opaque enough for one coat. This is one of the Doctor Who polishes, and it is a stunning holographic purple. Obviously if you were using it for a full mani you'd do 2 coats, but it's opaque enough over black to get away with one coat. (I will review it properly with a full mani soon)
So, I painted my nails with 2 coats on New York Noir, and then I top coated them, mainly because I've learnt from stamping that you've got a better chance of cleaning off and redoing the image if you make a mistake.
I found these relatively easy to use, easier than the nail vinyls I used for stripes the other day because you are only placing 1 stencil for each time, (lining up 2 stripes was very challenging!). I guess I also learnt a few things with the stripes which helped on these too. My biggest challenge this time was sticking the stencil down firmly enough - as I realised last week my nails are very curvey and the flat sticker does need to be pressed down very firmly to avoid polish bleeding underneath.
The next challenge was that despite ordering 10 different patterns, the one I chose today (P057) looks like the widest pattern they do and my nails are not particularly wide. My little fingers are so narrow I ending up just using part of the pattern, but I think that worked well in the end.
I am really impressed with the outcome. I did redo a couple, one where my placement was really off, and one where I didn't press it down enough and the colour leaked. On the whole placement is easy as they are transparent, so you can see where you are putting it.
The ATC polish worked brilliantly, definitely enough coverage from one coat. The holo is really strong and looks fantastic over the glossy black. I am really very pleased with the overall look and I am looking forward to trying the other stencils I bought.
I just love these holographics swirls contrasting against the glossy black, they make me think of outer space, maybe there's a Tardis out there!
Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and  Smart nail art stencil P057
Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and
Smart nail art stencil P057
  Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and  Smart nail art stencil P057
Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and  Smart nail art stencil P057
Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and  Smart nail art stencil P057
 Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and  Smart nail art stencil P057
Above the Curve Relative Dimensions and  Smart nail art stencil P057

No comments:

Post a Comment