Friday 21 November 2014

Stamping! Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle and The Silence

I just have a brief post for your now, as I wanted to try out a new stamping plate EDM03, now available from Rainbow Connection. The plate is by Emily de Molly, and I knew as soon as I saw it I wanted it. I have a particular love of Art Deco and the Arts and Crafts movement. I am not sure why but I saw this plate and I thought Frank Lloyd Wright and Charles Rennie Mackintosh - my 2 favourite architects. Something about the style of this plate just conjures up images of their work, most particularly their stunning interiors.
Anyway, I thought I'd try stamping the very pretty Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle over The Silence. Caty Perry-winkle is a pale blue creme with a fine holographic shimmer. I've been wanting to try stamping a pale shade over a dark for a while. I was delighted to find Caty Perry-winkle is opaque enough for stamping, the combination is quite subtle but I like the end result.
The delicate periwinkle blue is very pretty against the blue black holo, and that midnight sky now has these wonderful geometric lines shooting across it.
Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle and The Silence
Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle
and The Silence
 Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle and The Silence
 Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle and The Silence
 Above the Curve Caty Perry-winkle and The Silence

2 comments:

  1. Love your Rennie-Mackintosh finish - I can see why that plate makes you think Arts and Crafts.

    ReplyDelete