Monday 14 December 2015

December Challenges - Christmas Candy

The challenge for #clairestelle8dec was Christmas Candy.
I didn't have any plates with the traditional candy canes on so I used UberChic UC3-03 and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under over Fancy Gloss Eternal Love.
Fancy Gloss Eternal Love is a dusky red with bright red shimmer. Application was bit patchy and I could have done with three coats but it it is a lovely red.
Although Hit the Bottle Snowed Under normally stamps well I think the polish spread a bit too thin here and I didn't really get a good red/white contrast. I do have a problem sometimes with these image where there are large blocks of stamped colour. I probabaly should have tried again with another white, although the HTB is usually the best!
To add to my pre-Christmas woes, the light was poor so the picture aren't good either.
In defiance I added some green stamping using Uberchic Christmas 01 and Esmaltes da Kelly Frogger. I think the end result was sort of ugly but cool! It was just one of those days!
Fancy Gloss Eternal Love
Fancy Gloss Eternal Love
Fancy Gloss Eternal Love
 Fancy Gloss Eternal Love
 Fancy Gloss Eternal Love

UberChic UC3-03
UberChic UC3-03
 UberChic UC3-03
 UberChic UC3-03

Uber Chic Christmas 01
Uber Chic Christmas 01 
Uber Chic Christmas 01

No comments:

Post a Comment