Friday 27 July 2018

Born Pretty Pearl Lustre Series Nail Polish

Born Pretty (Amazon Store) sent me some products to review, and then I got really busy at work so they sat for weeks in a box, just waiting! Finally, I got a chance to have a play.
The first products I am reviewing are a set of 5 iridescent polishes, available here https://www.amazon.com/Mermaid-Transparent-Glimmer-Lacquer-Manicure/dp/B074P2VY9F
I read some reviews by other users and it was clear these polishes are quite subtle used on their own or over a pale base. I tried them over white and could barely see a difference and in the bottle they do all look the same. However, put them over a dark base and they completely come alive!
I started with a black gel base so I could swatch them and play around with them without having to reapply a base.
I don't think the products are available individually but the set I received had product numbers P001, P002, P003, P004 and P005.
I used one coat for each and they all applied really nicely and dried quickly. P005 was the only one that looked a bit streaky in real life. I am a bit disappointed with my photos as they all look a little streaky but in real life they all looked lovely.

P001 Moonshine is a blue shimmer and I applied one coat over black for a really pretty effect.
Born Pretty P001 Moonshine
Born Pretty P001 Moonshine
P002 Lotus in Moonlight is a pinky red shimmer, again one coat over back gave a really lovely effect.
Born Pretty P002 Lotus in Moonlight
Born Pretty P002 Lotus in Moonlight
P003 Only You is a pinky purple shimmer, really beautiful over black.
Born Pretty P003 Only You
Born Pretty P003 Only You
P004 Jade Sky is a gorgeous green shimmer, stunning over black.
Born Pretty P004 Jade Sky
Born Pretty P004 Jade Sky
P005 Moonsky Glow is a golden bronzy shimmer, lovely over black although it did appear more streaky than the others, particularly in the photos - less so in real life.
Born Pretty P005 Moonsky Glow
Born Pretty P005 Moonsky Glow
I am not usually a fan of shimmery polishes but I like these and I am certain they would look good over many dark bases.
Born Pretty Pearl Lustre
Born Pretty Pearl Lustre





No comments:

Post a Comment