Sunday 5 July 2015

July Challenges - Ice-cream

A couple of weeks ago I gave in to temptation and ordered the Kandy Desserts collection from Kandy.colors, mainly because I decided I had to have Vanilla Ice-cream, but all the other colours in the collection looked beautiful too - all lovely soft muted pastelly shades - the sorts of colours I go for when I want a change from dark  vampy nails. Then Claire put up the challenges for #clairestelle8july and there was Ice-cream on the list - it was fate!
Vanilla Ice-cream is so pretty, a soft creamy shade, almost a hint of green but the thing I love most is that close up you can see that slight dustiness you get with really good vanilla ice-cream that actually has vanilla in it. You can see this more clearly on the final macro shot.
I am really impressed with this brand, the quality is excellent, perfect coverage in 2 coats with none of the streakiness you sometimes get with paler colours.
I was still thinking ice-cream and neopolitan colours when it struck me - Berry Chocolate a lovely soft dusky pink shade from the same collection would look good as sponged tips, and then the finishing touch - a chocolate flake! How else was I to test a snowflake plate from DRK in July?
I stamped various flakes from DRK Designer 3 using Kleancolor Metallic Brown.
There was a risk that this was all just going to look very silly but actually, I really think it works. The images on the DRK plate are so pretty, I am really pleased I ordered it and even happier that now you can get DRK plates in the UK from Nail-Artisan, so no risk of customs fees!
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream 
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and Kandy.colors Berry Chocolate
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and
 Kandy.colors Berry Chocolate
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and Berry Chocolate with DRK Designer 3 and Kleancolor Metallic Brown
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and Berry Chocolate
with DRK Designer 3 and Kleancolor Metallic Brown
Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and Berry Chocolate with DRK Designer 3 and Kleancolor Metallic Brown
  Kandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and Berry Chocolate with DRK Designer 3 and Kleancolor Metallic BrownKandy.colors Vanilla Ice-cream and Berry Chocolate with DRK Designer 3 and Kleancolor Metallic Brown


3 comments:

  1. This has such a beautiful feel to it. Beautiful mani! And how did I not know about DRK now being available in the UK? Farewell bank balance x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I do love this plate so I was really pleased to be able to get it easily!!

      Delete
  2. The dustiness in it is great! I do like the shade of it being white but tinted green. I don't think you find colours like that often!

    ReplyDelete