Wednesday 29 July 2015

July Challenges - Turquoise / Jelly Sandwich

I had to be a bit creative with this challenge for #30daysofcolorchallenge as I don't have any turquoise jellies. I did however order the new holo jellies from Danglefoot Nail Polish last week, and included in that set are yellow and blue - I figured if yellow and blue make green, yellow and 2 layers of blue or one thicker layer of blue might just make turquoise... we'll see...
I started with a coat of the yellow, Does My Bum look Big in This - the coverage was pretty good after one coat and since I was stamping and glittering too I decided one would be enough. Then I added my sandwich filling. Firstly I added a coat of Dollish Polish Don't Wake Me Up which is much prettier on the nail than I was expecting looking at the bottle, I could see bright blue, white and green hexes but what I hadn't noticed was the iridescent glitters, the little dark blue squares, and tiny square micro glitters (you know I love square glitters!!)
Then I added some petals or leaves, from DRK XL Designer 1 with Hit The Bottle Snowed Under.
Despite not really liking yellow I liked the mani so far, the petals against the yellow background reminded me of daisies. Then I added a bit more glitter :) loving it even more!!
Finally I added the blue Danglefoot holo jelly, I Have Nothing to Wear. As the blue was on top I think one layer was sufficient, perhaps not the purest turquoise, but they look OK from a distance. It is a shame the sun didn't shine to catch the holo. 
Danglefoot Polish Does My Bum Look Big in This, Dollish Polish Don't Wake me Up, DRK XL Designer 1 and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under
Danglefoot Polish Does My Bum Look Big in This,
Dollish Polish Don't Wake me Up, DRK XL Designer 1
and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under
Danglefoot Polish Does My Bum Look Big in This, Dollish Polish Don't Wake me Up, DRK XL Designer 1 and Hit the Bottle Snowed UnderDanglefoot Polish Does My Bum Look Big in This, Dollish Polish Don't Wake me Up, DRK XL Designer 1 and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under

Dollish Polish Don't Wake Me Up, DRK XL Designer 1 and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under between yellow and blue jelly holos from Danglefoot Polish
Dollish Polish Don't Wake Me Up, DRK XL Designer 1
and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under between
yellow and blue jelly holos from Danglefoot Polish
 Dollish Polish Don't Wake Me Up, DRK XL Designer 1 and Hit the Bottle Snowed Under between yellow and blue jelly holos from Danglefoot Polish


2 comments: