Monday 27 July 2015

Neon stamping!

There were no challenges for today so I took the opportunity to try one of the trio of Polished by KPT thermals I got from Rainbow Connection last week.
I don't wear a lot of pink so I thought I'd try Penelope first. This is a really bright neon pink, which turns purple when cold. I read that you should wear a white base to make it really vibrant, so I started with a coat of Barry M Cotton and then added 2 coat of Penelope - wow that's pink!
This is an amazing polish, pink with a blue shimmer but reading further I discovered it is a cold sensitive thermal so it only changes when really cold, and you can't just run your hand under the tap to get the purple effect, so this will go back on the shelf until the winter!!
My family could not believe I was wearing such pink nails, and nor could the camera - the colour was amazing but the camera just could not pick it up in the miserable rain we had today, so I gave up.
A concerted effort with an ice cube yielded one quick macro shot of the thermal transition, and then I stamped over it.
I have used Kleancolor Neon Sapphire a lot, because it stamps so well. It doesn't seem to be neon, the name amuses me every time but I do like the contrast of deep blue with bright pink and I think it has worked very well here with Apipila Super Plate B.
Kleancolor Neon Sapphire and Apipila Super Plate B
Kleancolor Neon Sapphire and Apipila Super Plate B
 Kleancolor Neon Sapphire and Apipila Super Plate B

hint of thermal gradient - Polished by KPT Penelope

1 comment:

  1. Love the pinkish purplish neon nail polish. I am a lover of neon and anything with a pop to it! Brilliant nails x

    ReplyDelete