Saturday 18 July 2015

July Challenges - Matte /Vinyls

This #30daysofcolourchallenge caused me no end of grief! It was almost a week ago now so I feel less frustrated about it but it will be a while before I try vinyls again!
I started with a base of Kleancolor Neon Sapphire, a lovely dark shiny blue. Then the fun started. Maybe the vinyls had been hanging around too long or I just did it wrong. Anyway, I'd chosen the fish scales but the little scales all lifted with the vinyl so I had to push them all out one by one with a cocktail stick. I blame this for the fact that then I proceeded to get 7 out of 10 nails the wrong way up! (didn't even spot that until an hour after I'd finished!!) I used Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales which I knew was opaque enough in 1 coat and that part was fine. The overall look is pretty - just not correct!
Anyway, I added a matte top coat, the shimmery Avon Destination Peach and I really liked the way they looked (errors aside).
Then a new polish arrived, from a new UK Indie maker, Violet Rose Polish. Thistle was so much prettier than I ever would have imagined so I added a coat to this mani. In some lights you couldn't see the vinyl pattern any more, but who cares - Thistle is a green/blue/purple (and hundreds of other colours) flakie topcoat and it is stunning!
And of course I had to try it matte - EVEN MORE STUNNING!!
scales with Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
scales with Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
matte scales with Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
matte scales with Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
Violet Rose Thistle
Violet Rose Thistle
Violet Rose Thistle matte
Violet Rose Thistle matte
Violet Rose Thistle matte







No comments:

Post a Comment