Tuesday 7 July 2015

July Challenges - Metallic / Gradient and Fave Decade

I have combined 2 challenges again - Metallic / Gradient for #30daysofcolourchallenge and Fave Decade for #clairestelle8july.
I don't have a lot of metallic polishes, I don't like the finish on my nails - the only ones I have, I bought for stamping but I know that if you sponge them on you get a nicer finish so they should be perfect for a gradient.
I dug out 3 of my Avon Metallic Effects polishes, Jade Reflection, Arctic Steel, and Frosted Peach. I painted my nails with one coat of Jade Reflection as a base and then did the gradient.
I must remember to check these in daylight before top coating -  I thought they looked quite blended but when I went out to take pictures they didn't look quite so good. The colours work nicely together though and the finish was OK apart from the little finger - not sure what happened there.
I decided for Fave Decade I'd go 1920s and Art Deco. I think from an artistic point of view that would certainly be my favourite decade so I used Messy Mansion MM45 and Kleancolor Madly Black.
This is a very detailed image but it stamped beautifully over the gradient and I love the end result. For all that I am prepared to do the all these challenges and give them my best shot, I am always happiest with dark nails.
The next day I just had to add a second layer of stamping. I stayed with the dark look and stamped Kleancolor Metallic Orange using Apipila Super Plate B. Metallic Orange is quite coppery and stamped beautifully. Although you can't really see the detail of the stamping here I just love the combination of colours and textures.
Metallic / Gradient with Avon Metallic Effects

Messy Mansion MM45 and Kleancolor Madly Black
Messy Mansion MM45 and Kleancolor Madly Black 
Messy Mansion MM45 and Kleancolor Madly Black

Apipila Super Plate B and Kleancolor Metallic Orange
Apipila Super Plate B and Kleancolor Metallic Orange
 Apipila Super Plate B and Kleancolor Metallic Orange

Apipila Super Plate B and Kleancolor Metallic Orange






2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful combination everything just really works well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this metallic stamping is a perfection !!!

    ReplyDelete