Sunday 2 June 2013

OPI My Chihauhau Bites and Invogue Sunset feathers

A very bright posting for you now, rather brighter than my usual manicures!
I wanted  to try Invogue Sunset today, another of Invogue's feathers polishes. I have already reviewed Jayebird and Parakeet, and this is my next one.
I did do a few swatches over different base colours to see which base I would use, and decided on the rather striking OPI My Chihauhau Bites, which is a very bright coral. This is really a "toes only" colour for me, but I fancied it as a base for the feathers. It painted on well and although the pictures look  a bit streaky coverage was good. This is way out of my comfort zone, super bright and I have no
co-ordinating knitwear!!
OPI My Chihauhau Bites
OPI My Chihauhau Bites
OPI My Chihauhau Bites
OPI My Chihauhau Bites
 OPI My Chihauhau Bites
Sunset is a mix of white and orange strands in a clear base, which looked pretty good against a pale peach base but I fancied a nice bright background for this mani and I think the contrast is good.
These pics are with one coat of feathers.
Invogue sunset feathers
Invogue Sunset, one coat
Invogue sunset feathers
 And this with two coats:
Invogue Sunset feathers
Invogue Sunset feathers - two coats

I am pretty impressed with these feather polishes, I like them a lot more than I thought I would. These are available at Superdrug, and also at ohbeauty, where 1st class postage is free and they are on 4 for 3 at the moment!



1 comment:

  1. I like this colour almost as much as I like the name.

    ReplyDelete