Thursday 21 May 2015

May Challenges - Creme / Colour Blocking

For the most part I enjoy the challenges - I wouldn't do them if I didn't but every now and then there's an "oh dear I am not sure that's me" sort of challenge. Today's #30daysofcolourchallenge is Creme and Colour Blocking. I did wonder if I might get away with stamping the colours but in the end I decided to try and do it properly.
I started with a base of Nails Inc Holland Park Gardens, a lovely pale soft sage green creme. Then I used some of the striping vinyls from She Sells Seashells to get a neat line near the base of my nail. I painted from that line to about the top quarter, half with Nella Milano Evergreen and half with Avon Peppermint, two quite strong but very different mid green cremes. Finally I painted the tips with Nails Inc Madison Avenue, a really lovely dark green creme.
I am surprised to say I really like the finished look although the imperfections will annoy me. I am glad I went with green, I think you are pretty safe combining greens and my plan had always been to stamp over these to hide any wobbly bits!
I chose Essence Stampy 001 (white) to stamp with as I thought I'd get the best overall contrast across the full range of colours and of course because they are my newest plates I've chosen an image from UberChic Beauty UC 3-03.
Finally, I added some pink stamping too with the same plate and Virtuous Polish Miriam.
Creme / Colour Blocking
UberChic Beauty UC 3-03
UberChic Beauty UC 3-03
UberChic Beauty UC 3-03

UberChic Beauty UC 3-03
2 layers of UberChic Beauty UC 3-03
UberChic Beauty UC 3-03



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocking and stamping, can not decided which one Inlike more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I couldn't decide which was my favourite either :)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I love the original blocked manicure but each time you added stamping it just got better and better. I have to declare you 'Debbie, Queen of Layers' :) xx

    ReplyDelete