Sunday 17 May 2015

May Challenges - Holo /Water marble

Yesterday's challenge for #30daysofcolourchallenge was holo / watermarble. I have tried watermarbling a couple of times - the first time was messy but relatively successful (beginners luck), the second time was messy and a complete failure. I don't like giving up on stuff but I don't like mess so I decided maybe it's not for me, and instead I purchased stamping plate hehe 040 - I love it, it looks like watermarbling without the mess. Obviously you are limited in colours but it is a great plate.
I started with one of my newest polishes, A England Captive Goddess - a stunning silvery blue holo. This is a fascinating polish, slightly teal but it also has a bit of a colour shift so that from some angles you get lilac/grey. The holo is amazing, really strong and utterly WOW in sunlight.
Then after half a day of adoring this polish I added another of the new A Englands, Prosperpine. This one really threatens Saint George at the top of my A England favourites list.
Prosperpine is a dark tealy blue holo and I'd say it could well be a one coater, it certainly stamps beautifully.
So I did my cheaty fake watermarbling with hehe 040 and these two stunning A England polishes. I think the silvery teal and the dark blue teal go perfectly together.
At this point I figured I had a bit of a watery theme going on, water marbling with colours that looked like the sea, so today I added another layer of stamping, using Mentality Beige Opaque and Pueen 96 and now I have a second contribution to the nautical nails challenge for #clairestelle8may.
I love the little lighthouse! It is so cute!!
A England Captive Goddess
A England Captive Goddess
 A England Captive Goddess

A England Captive Goddess with A England Proserpine and hehe 040
A England Captive Goddess
with A England Proserpine and hehe 040
A England Captive Goddess with A England Proserpine and hehe 040

Nautical nails with Pueen 96
Nautical nails with Pueen 96


No comments:

Post a Comment