Tuesday 19 May 2015

May Challenges - Matte / Stamping and Roses

I have combined two challenges today, Matte and Stamping for #30daysofcolourchallenge and Roses for #Clairestelle8may.
I started with a base of Barry M Coconut and then I stamped stripes from DRK-A with Saffron London Black. I really like this image, it looks like a bar code and I thought it would make a nice background for the roses.
Then I added the leaves using Moyou London Mother Nature 05 and Virtuous Polish Kindness, a deep tealy green. Finally I added the roses using Moyou London Mother Nature 11 and Virtuous Polish Temperance, a deep blue. Both these polishes are matte but I have top coated them as they dry so quickly when stamping and curl up!
Finally I added a coat of OPI Matte top coat. This was very disappointing - the OPI matte top coat does not really make things matte, just gives a soft sheen, so I added some Dance Legend Top Sahara but then they were too sparkly. In desperation I added another layer of OPI matte - the end result is OK but not really matte  so I may have failed the matte part of the challenge :(
DRK-A with Saffron London Black over Barry M Coconut
DRK-A with Saffron London Black over Barry M Coconut
Moyou London Mother Nature 05 and Virtuous Polish Kindness
Moyou London Mother Nature 05
and Virtuous Polish Kindness
Moyou London Mother Nature 11 and Virtuous Polish Temperance
Moyou London Mother Nature 11
and Virtuous Polish Temperance
The matte version



No comments:

Post a Comment