Sunday 17 January 2016

January Challenges - Forest Creatures and Dance Legend Bow Polish Mutation

Ever since thermal polishes came out I've been fascinated with them - I've tried a few, some better than others and some that lose their thermalness after a while.
I just bought three new thermals last week and so far I am very impressed. They are from the new Bow by Dance Legend range - available in the UK from Rainbow Connection.
Today I have used Mutation which is a tealy green with glitter. It is quite sheer and I did need 3 coats for complete opacity in the warmest phase. They dry matte and I did find them tricky to work with as they dry so quickly. I think maybe I didn't have enough polish on the brush, it was easier by the 3rd coat.
I took a lot of pics and as the polish responds so quickly to temperature change I didn't really spend ages posing, just took the shots and hoped! I also had to take the warm one inside as we have snow here today!
Then for today's challenge - Forest Creatures for #clairestelle8jan - I spent for ever trying to decide what sort of animal to do but since it's snowy here today I thought I'd go wintery!
I used DRK Seasons and Colour Alike Fairy Forest for the trees and Colour Alike Kind of White for the deer. I chose green for the trees in the hope it would show up whatever colour the thermal was and I am quite pleased with the final mani.
Bow by Dance Legend Mutation
Bow by Dance Legend Mutation
 Bow by Dance Legend Mutation

DRK Seasons
DRK Seasons
DRK Seasons
DRK Seasons

1 comment:

  1. That polish is so pretty. The stamps are pretty as well. But it seems like the green polish lightened up quite a bit after you stamped it. Before the stamping it looked so dark and rich and afterwards it looks much more sheer.

    ReplyDelete