Saturday 22 November 2014

Above the Curve Watermelon and some stamping

I don't normally do a post that covers 2 mani's but due to dreadful light, I ended up with such a poor selection of photos it seemed silly to do two posts.
So firstly, Above the Curve Watermelon. This is a gorgeous red holographic jelly, from the Jolly Ranchers collection. My husband thinks this is so cool as he loves Jolly Ranchers but of course, not available in the UK unless you want to spend silly money! This really is a sweetie red, although looking a tiny bit orange in the bottle, it is a very pretty pinky red on the nail, the perfect watermelon shade.
I used 2 coats here but the nail line is still visible, not at much as it shows on the photos but I can see it. Had I not decided to stamp, I would probably have added a 3rd coat but realistically this is a polish that deserves sunshine, it's probably not a November polish! I only have a mini bottle so I am going to put it somewhere safe ready for the spring/summer.
Although quite sheer, this applied and dried well, with  a lovely finish, perfect quality as always from Above the Curve and the holo is just delicious!!!
Above the Curve Watermelon
Above the Curve Watermelon
Above the Curve Watermelon
 Above the Curve Watermelon
 Above the Curve Watermelon
Then came the stamping. I decided to stay with red so I used A England Lancelot, a seriously dark red and Pueen SE04B. This is the first time I have used the Pueen plates and I am finding not all plates are equal. By the 10th nail I think I'd got it! This set of plates are all full image and they are very pretty, I can't wait to us them again. This time I chose a spirally swirly pattern, I do like these sorts of patterns - very forgiving in terms of pick up and placement!!
For some reason I could not get any decent pictures, too dark outside, over exposed inside so this is the best of a bad lot - sorry. I think they look great anyway, the dark red and Watermelon look great together, and I can still see the holographic sparkle between the stampings.
Above the Curve Watermelon,  A England Lancelot and Pueen SE04B
Above the Curve Watermelon,
A England Lancelot and Pueen SE04B
Above the Curve Watermelon,  A England Lancelot and Pueen SE04BAbove the Curve Watermelon,  A England Lancelot and Pueen SE04B

No comments:

Post a Comment