Sunday 2 November 2014

Chunky Fingerless Mitts

Well probably the thing I have made most of, more fingerless mitts! I just love them, so easy to wear, keep my hands warm, and the perfect addition to any outfit when it's cold. I also find them extremely useful when I've painted my nails and they don't quite go with whatever I am wearing - I can usually find  a pair of gloves that breaks down that clash between nails and the wrong colour jumper!!
However, as I have broadened the range of colours I will wear on my nails, there are some gaps in my glove collection. In particular having decided I will wear reds and pinks, there was a need for something in that colour range.
I am ridiculously pleased with these!! I bought a lone 100g ball of Stylecraft Life Super Chunky in Damson from a clearance bin for £1.50, and I still have 50g left so these have cost me 75p!!!
I downloaded this pattern from Ravelry, a couple of years ago. It's called Green Giant Fingerless Mitts by Janelle Serio. I printed it in black and white but I assume the gloves were originally made in green.
Anyway, it's a really easy pattern to follow, I tweaked the thumb a bit as they were too loose but other than that perfect knitted on 6mm needles. This wool is a lovely heathery shade, it has an indigo purple, an olivey green and a bright magenta shade twisted in with the main base colour which is quite a dusky pinky purple, really lovely, and perfect with these dark red nails I think!
Chunky Fingerless Mitts
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment