Tuesday 10 May 2016

May Challenges - Lace and Born Pretty BPL-030

This week's smoosh was a special editon for Mother's Day (not UK Mother's day - the rest of the world Mother's Day!) so the colours were white, glitter and our choice - I went for blue, because I love blue!!
I used OPI Road House Blues, 'Ard As Nails White Van Girl and OPI Which is Witch?
I am not sure I got as much glitter as I should have but I think it looked pretty and I liked the indigo blue with the white.
The prompt was Lace for #ggfnachallenge - the perfect opportunity to use Born Pretty BPL-030 which had been sent to me by Born Pretty for review -product code is 21816, available here
I started with Kleancolor Neon Sapphire and this worked really well with the plate - it stamped beautifully. I used a more open design as I was stamping blue over blue.This is a lovely plate with a nice mixture of mostly floral lacy designs, laid out well on the plate and because the images were basically 3 longs strips of pattern it seemed to be more flexible for longer nails. My nails are not particularly long but small images can be a real pain.
Then for my second layer I used Barry M Cotton and a more solid pattern. Cotton is not fully opaque so the blues still showed through and resulted in a  really pretty mosaic style.
I am really happy with this plate, and I have already used it again. I was also pretty pleased with the final mani.
#smooshattack
Born Pretty BPL-030 and Kleancolour Neon Sapphire
Born Pretty BPL-030 and Kleancolour Neon Sapphire
 Born Pretty BPL-030 and Kleancolour Neon Sapphire

Born Pretty BPL-030 and Barry M Cotton
Born Pretty BPL-030 and Barry M Cotton
 Born Pretty BPL-030 and Barry M Cotton

BLP-030
BPL-030

No comments:

Post a Comment