Monday 23 May 2016

May Challenges - Pastels and Butterflies and some blue

This is one of those many stage manis but I'll try and keep it brief.
The current #whencolourscollide challenge was tone on tone - blue so I initially chose 2 blue polishes which I felt were of a similar tone.
I started with Colors By Llarowe Be Bold in Blue - Limited Edition for Multiple Sclerosis Trust - this is a truly gorgeous blue which was being sold by Rainbow Connection with the proceeds going to the MS Trust. This is a holo polish but the sun was not shining and my flash photo was pretty rubbish so I am just posting the "daylight" photo which shows this to be a stunning shade of blue even without any holo!!
Then I used DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Blue Ocean - I was planning on keeping this mani simple but I didn't feel it had enough going on so I went for a second layer.
I used DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Blue Sky (similar  tone to Blue Ocean but paler) and the Jumbo Clear Stamper with the intention of aligning the scales of the image between the first layer, I think I succeeded mostly but not fully!
Then Pastels for #clairestelle8may - I decided as I had added a pastel layer to the blue mani I could keep going and add some pretty flowers with DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Sweetheart and Mint.
And finally, Butterflies for #firedazedchallenge - Pastel flowers seemed like a good backdrop for butterflies so why not! I used DRK XL Designer 1 and Colour Alike Kind of White.
This mani evolved over a couple of days and I enjoyed each layer - it was nice finally to have some time to play with all the lovely colours!
Colors By Llarowe Be Bold in Blue
Colors By Llarowe Be Bold in Blue
DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Blue Ocean
DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Blue Ocean
DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Blue Sky
DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Blue Sky
DRK Magic Garden with Colour Alike Sweetheart and Mint
DRK Magic Garden with
Colour Alike Sweetheart and Mint
DRK XL Designer 1 and Colour Alike Kind of White
DRK XL Designer 1 and Colour Alike Kind of White

No comments:

Post a Comment