Wednesday 24 June 2015

June Challenges - A Glitter Crelly, Silhouettes, and some butterflies

I have a bit of a combined post today - 2 challenges and a final step just because I felt like it!
The challenge for #clairestelle8june was a glitter crelly. I don't have  a lot of these to choose from apart from my precious Cadillacquers and a few UK Indies but I did buy a Dollish last year that I hadn't tried so I thought I'd give that a go.
In the bottle and on swatches I'd seen, Murky Dismal looks very pretty, black and white square glitter in a minty base. On my nail, black and white square glitter in a virtually clear base...mmm not good - 2 coats, not much better so I used undies. Nails Inc Holland Park Gardens was the closest match so I did one coat of that and one coat of Murky Dismal. I am not quite sure where it got its name from because it's anything but murky or dismal, I think it's really pretty once I got it to look how it does in the bottle.
Anyway, I decided it would be a nice base for the #30daysofcolourchallenge, except that I forgot the full challenge - honestly I did! The challenge was Shimmer / Silhouettes - I am not too keen on shimmery polishes which may be why I completely forgot that when I did this mani (doh!) so I am afraid you've just got Silhouettes. I went for butterflies using A England Camelot and Fab Ur Nails FUN 14.
Finally, I was looking at the butterflies thinking it needed something more, and I decided to add large white butterflies, using UberChic Beauty UC 1-02 stamped with Essence Stampy 001.
I really like stamping with black and white and I am so pleased with how this turned out despite the fact that the stamping isn't perfect and nearly every butterfly has a bit missing. Typically the butterflies on the other hand do look better! I am loving the macro lens but it is not at all forgiving!!
Dollish Murky Dismal
Dollish Murky Dismal
Dollish Murky Dismal


A England Camelot and Fab Ur Nails FUN14
A England Camelot and
Fab Ur Nails FUN14
A England Camelot and Fab Ur Nails FUN14

UberChic Beauty UC 1-02 with Essence Stampy 001
UberChic Beauty UC 1-02 with Essence Stampy 001
 UberChic Beauty UC 1-02 with Essence Stampy 001





No comments:

Post a Comment