Wednesday 17 June 2015

June Challenges - Leaves

The challenge for #clairestelle8june was Leaves. I wanted to avoid this looking too Autumnal and I decided to go for something which is sort of a half pond mani. Not a full pond mani as I started with a darkish base of Avon Garden Green. This is an olive green with a blue shimmer. I only used one coat as I was stamping over it anyway and coverage was pretty good.
I stamped the fern like pattern on Born Pretty BP19 with Barry M Cotton, and then added a coat of Kandy Colors Carnival, the neon green jelly.
Then I added the maple leaves from the same plate with Barry M Cotton again. I was going to add another coat of Carnival but I decided I liked the white leaves so I stopped there - like I said - half a pond mani :)
I really like these, the colour is a bit more intense than the camera has picked up, the wash of Kandy Colour Carnival looks a bit less neon here but they are pretty anyway.
Born Pretty BP19, Barry M Cotton and Kandy Colors Carnival
Born Pretty BP19, Barry M Cotton
and Kandy Colors Carnival

Born Pretty BP19 and Barry M Cotton 
Born Pretty BP19, Barry M Cotton
and Kandy Colors Carnival
Born Pretty BP19, Barry M Cotton
and Kandy Colors Carnival


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! These nails make me want to go on a vacation to somewhere tropical.

    ReplyDelete