Thursday 4 June 2015

Wiki'd Nails Challenge - Nikola Tesla

This week's Wiki'd Nails Challenge was a tricky one. From Wikipedia : "Nikola Tesla 10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943 was a Serbian American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist, and futurist best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system".
In the end I decided to stamp the nearest pattern I could find that looked like alternating current. I was surprised how few plates I had with wavy patterns on but I found a couple which I have used over my red mani from yesterday.
I used Sugarbubbles SB 028 with Essence Stampy 001 and then Emily de Molly EDM12 with A England Camelot.
After the first stage they were quite bright and I think the 2nd layer of stamping calmed them down a bit - not sure Mr Tesla would have approved but I think they look quite cool.
Sugarbubbles SB 028 and Emily de Molly EDM12
Sugarbubbles SB 028 and Emily de Molly EDM12
 Sugarbubbles SB 028 and Emily de Molly EDM12
Sugar Bubbles SB 028
Sugar Bubbles SB 028






2 comments:

  1. Great mani for this challenge, this one had me stumped for a while x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! it was this or lightning and I couldn't find a decent stamp for that!

      Delete