Wednesday 3 June 2015

June Challenges - Silver / Negative Space

OK so it's June and this is the first June challenge for #30daysofcolourchallenge. The prompt is Silver / Negative Space. I love the sound of all the other prompts for the June challenge but I don't like silver really and not a huge fan of negative space manis. We can choose to do either or both of these prompts but as I am not much fussed by either I thought I'd do them both and give it my best shot!
I really really can't do bare naked nails so I started with base of Nails Inc Fulham Palace Road (a nice warm pale nude).
Then I used Avon Metallic Effects Platinum Petal to stamp the central image from Messy Mansion MM49. This is perfect for a negative space mani and even has a strip at the top so that you can do a french mani. I tried to line that up properly and had a moderate level of success.
I can't say I love the mani but it came out about as well as I could have hoped for and I like it more than I expected. By the end of the day it had grown on me but I can't say silver metallic nails will be anywhere on my top manis list!
On the plus side, I now know that Avon Platinum Petal stamps well, and I really like that image on MM49, but next time I will certainly be using a different colour combo.
I had a bit of time on my hands so I had a play around with a new app on my phone, so whilst it's not the best mani to use, I have also included a macro shot.
Avon Platinum Petal and Messy Mansion MM49
Avon Platinum Petal and Messy Mansion MM49
  Avon Platinum Petal and Messy Mansion MM49Avon Platinum Petal and Messy Mansion MM49




No comments:

Post a Comment