Monday 1 June 2015

Wiki'd Nails Challenge - The Water Babies

I'm a bit late on this one - it should have been posted last week but inspiration was on half term holiday I think! Anyway the prompt for the Wiki'd Nails Challenge was The Water Babies.
This is a story I am aware of but don't really know in much detail. The art work all looks a bit grim and sinister in quite muted shades.
I certainly wasn't going to try and paint any babies but there were a few images showing the caddisfly who seems to be part of the story, according to the Wikipedia entry. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of plates with caddisflies on so in the end I have used one of the butterflies from Messy Mansion MM42 and stamped with Mentality Hope over my pond mani from yesterday.
I quite like the dull brown insect against the watery green background so in the end I am quite pleased with this.
Messy Mansion MM42 and Mentality Hope
Messy Mansion MM42 and Mentality Hope
 Messy Mansion MM42 and Mentality Hope
 Messy Mansion MM42 and Mentality Hope
 Messy Mansion MM42 and Mentality Hope


No comments:

Post a Comment