Thursday 11 June 2015

Wiki'd Nails Challenge - Bridge

Today I have combined 2 challenges - the Purple / Sharpie Marble for #30daysofcolourchallenge and Bridge for Wiki'd Nails.
I started with a base of Nails Inc Marylebone Mews, a lovely pale lilac grey creme and then scribbled on them with a dark purple Sharpie.
I've tried this before with rather unsuccessfully with various types of alcohol, but then I saw someone mention nail varnish remover. Well, I have plenty of that! It worked well and I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I think next time I'd try to leave more of the nail bare but I was after quite a dark base for my bridge mani so dark is good.
Bridge - well, where to start? No stamping plates had anything remotely resembling a bridge and I was at the point of using a construction type scene from a Messy Mansion plate when I decided to go down a slightly different route.
When I was at university, I was truly amazed by the work of Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. He is an architect, structural engineer and sculptor, and his concrete bridges are things of utter beauty and elegance, so I went back to the stamping plates to see what I could find.
I spotted this one on Fab Ur Nails FUN 16 almost immediately as it's one of my new plates and although its not a bridge, it has the look of something Calatrava could quite possibly build in concrete.
I have stamped with Barry M Cotton, to give the look of the fine white concrete in the sun.
Fab Ur Nails FUN16 with Barry M Cotton
Fab Ur Nails FUN16 with Barry M Cotton
 Fab Ur Nails FUN16 with Barry M Cotton
purple Sharpie marble
purple Sharpie marble
 purple Sharpie marble



2 comments: