Tuesday 30 June 2015

June Challenges - New Technique

The challenge for #clairestelle8june was New Technique so I finally decided to try a waterfall mani - I started with my gorgeous thermal KPT Plumeria and then took a very small brush and added Avon Cherry Jubilee, Avon Luxe Lavender, Virtuous Polish Humility, Mua White Wash and finally Fancy Gloss Haunted Beauty for a little bit of sparkle - I am actually quite surprised how well these turned out despite my limited freehand skills!
I acquired Plumeria from a lovely friend and it has taken me a while to get round to using it, mainly because it is very sheer and my nails are very stained. In the end I used a single coat of Nails Inc Fashion as a base, a very soft delicate grey lilac which is a pretty perfect match for Plumeria in its warm state.
I don't usually like thermals in their warm state but this is so pretty, that soft grey lilac holo is just gorgeous, and then the cool state, a lovely dusky pinky purple. The other thing that I like about this one is that it is really sensitive, even on hot days like today you can get both the warm and cold states, and often the tips were darker.
I decided it would make a lovely base for the waterfall nails, and I think they looked great with the changing base.
Waterfall
Waterfall
 Waterfall
 Waterfall
Waterfall

Polished by KPT Plumeria
Polished by KPT Plumeria - cool
Polished by KPT Plumeria
Polished by KPT Plumeria - warm
Polished by KPT Plumeria
Polished by KPT Plumeria - transition


No comments:

Post a Comment